Quick Provencal Daube
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 8 Hr 30 Min
Do you know why we love this Quick Provencal Daube so much? Because it allows us to bring the exquisite flavors of French cuisine right into our kitchens at home. What's not to love about that?
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 small yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope herb gravy mix for beef
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What To Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 7-1/2 hours.
French Lesson: Daube is a hearty beef stew that is made in the south of France during the winter months. Traditionally, daube is slow-cooked and then refrigerated to mellow the flavors, but this version is quick to the table. If you want to follow tradition, prepare the recipe and cook as directed; let cool, and then set the ceramic insert of the slow cooker in the refrigerator to chill overnight. When ready to reheat, let insert stand at room temperature, and then cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce to LOW setting, and cook 1 hour. Serve it with a crusty baguette.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.