Garden Eggplant Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 40 Min
Want to serve something that everyone likes, is easy to fix, and makes you look like a kitchen pro? Garden meat loaf is it! This one tastes great the first time around, as well as making great leftover cold meat loaf sandwiches...promise!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 of a medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Place the eggplant, onion, garlic, and oil in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process for 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- Place the mixture in a medium-sized skillet and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until well cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the vegetable mixture to the meat mixture; mix well.
- On a rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray, form the mixture into a 5" x 12" loaf. Bake for 75 to 90 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.