Butter Glazed Carrots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you serve up our Butter Glazed Carrots, everyone will ask you where you found carrots so tender and sweet. If they only knew the answer!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 (14 ½-ounce) cans sliced carrots, drained
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, vinegar, and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vinegar mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add carrots to saucepan, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- For the best flavor, after cooking the carrots, allow them to cool, then chill overnight. This allows the carrots to marinate and really absorb the other flavors. When ready to serve, just reheat.
- If you'd like to use fresh carrots, you'll need around 3 - 4 pounds. And remember, you'll need to slice and blanch them before marinating. Want to know more about blanching? Click here for our helpful how-to video!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Fried Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Carrot Bake
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Simple Roasted Asparagus