Butter Glazed Carrots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you serve up our Butter Glazed Carrots, everyone will ask you where you found carrots so tender and sweet. If they only knew the answer!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 (14 -ounce) cans sliced carrots, drained
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, vinegar, and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vinegar mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add carrots to saucepan, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- For the best flavor, after cooking the carrots, allow them to cool, then chill overnight. This allows the carrots to marinate and really absorb the other flavors. When ready to serve, just reheat.
- If you'd like to use fresh carrots, you'll need around 3 - 4 pounds. And remember, you'll need to slice and blanch them before marinating. Want to know more about blanching? Click here for our helpful how-to video!
If you loved this easy carrot recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Carrot Recipes: 12 Baby Carrot Recipes, Cooked Carrot Recipes & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While you're rooting for your favorite team to score a touchdown, why not enjoy these Touchdown Torpedoes? They're packed with all of your deli favorites and a few special seasonings and ingredients, that make them worthy of celebrating.