We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never eaten onions baked like this...boy, are you in for a treat! You're gonna love 'em (and you'll love how easy they are)!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped (optional)
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
So many ways to enjoy onions! One of our favorites (and everyone else's too, it seems) is crispy Onion Rings!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fried Cabbage
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Buttery Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Homemade Microwave Pickles
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles