Hearty Squash Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a side dish often found at Southern "supper gatherings." It's topped with lots of melted cheese, and it's bound to make squash lovers out of everyone!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a fork, beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Add 1 cup cheese, the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in squash and pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, until heated through and cheese is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.
- Creamed Cabbage
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Fried Cabbage
- Buttery Cabbage
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles