We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pot; let cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toss, and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.
- Creamed Cabbage
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Fried Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More