Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage is the perfect go-along for almost any main dish. It's a simply delicious combination of cabbage and apples, simmered in cider and a few other great seasonings, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 2 red apples, cored, seeds removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender.
- There's so much we can do with cabbage! We wanted to share our Dutch Red Cabbage recipe with you, 'cause it's also a tasty go-along for so many main dishes!
- Want to see what other crazy antics Howard got into at the circus? Check out our Circus Page!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Best Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini Squares
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Amazing Asparagus Quiche
- Fried Cabbage
- Carrot Bake
- Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes
- Simple Roasted Asparagus
- Confetti Zucchini Salad