Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Old-Fashioned Tangy Cabbage is the perfect go-along for almost any main dish. It's a simply delicious combination of cabbage and apples, simmered in cider and a few other great seasonings, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 2 red apples, cored, seeds removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is tender.
- There's so much we can do with cabbage! We wanted to share our Dutch Red Cabbage recipe with you, 'cause it's also a tasty go-along for so many main dishes!
- Want to see what other crazy antics Howard got into at the circus? Check out our Circus Page!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!