Sassy Mushrooms and Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
What makes this Sassy Mushrooms and Peas recipe so sassy, you ask? Well, we've added a few unexpected herbs and spices that dares to push the boundaries of your average veggie side dish. If you're tired of throwing together the same boring ol' vegetable routine every night for dinner, then be sure to check out this refreshing alternative. It's wonderful how switching up a side dish can make the whole meal seem new!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and mushrooms, and saut 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid evaporated. Stir in peas and remaining ingredients; cover and cook 4 minutes. Stir and cook, uncovered, 4 more minutes o until thoroughly heated.
Fresh rosemary has a stronger flavor than dried; however, use equal amounts when substituting dried for fresh. Other dried herbs have a more concentrated flavor, so you'll want to use a third less of dried than fresh.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have leave you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.