The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Microwavable Quick Shrimp Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Bring home the tastes and flavors of New Orleans with this jazzed-up quick gumbo. The spicy kick of the salsa and tomatoes make it seem like our taste buds are having a festival!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) stewed Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 cups Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients except the rice in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover, and microwave at 80% power for 7 to 8 minutes, or until thick and heated through; stir.
- Serve in individual bowls mixed with rice.
The best part about gumbo is that we can add or substitite chicken, sausage, and any other shellfish to give it a variety every time we make it.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't let the name scare ya! Shakshuka is basically eggs, cooked in a flavor-packed, chunky tomato sauce. Our Simple Shakshuka is inspired by the dish that originated in North Africa, and that's now popular all over the world. Just wait until you taste how great it is!