Microwave Candy Apple Tarts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Who doesn't love the taste of ruby red, candy-coated apples? When we wanna "wow" our gang with a different dessert, this one captures the tastes we remember... and is sure to make us the apple of their eyes!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 6 single-serve graham cracker crusts
What to Do
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the apple juice, cornstarch, cinnamon candies, vanilla, and food color; mix well.
- Stir in the apples then microwave 70% power for 12 minutes, or until the apples are tender; mix well.
- Spoon equal amounts of the apple mixture into the crusts. Cover loosely and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
These look great when you top each one with a dollop of whipped cream and a few additional cinnamon candies just before serving.