Microwave Roasted Acorn Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 to 6
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Min
- COOK TIME
- 24 Min
Don't wait until the leaves start changing to enjoy this harvest-time treat! No matter what time of year it is, we can bring home the feel of autumn with this hearty side dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Pierce the squash a few times with a knife then place the whole squash in a microwave-safe 9 x 13 baking dish. Microwave at 80% power for 9 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the microwave and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut in half and remove the seeds; cut squash into 2-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add the squash and toss until well coated then return the pieces to the baking dish.
- Microwave at 80% power for 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; serve immediately.
Serve this as is to enjoy the delicate, nutty flavor of the squash, or drizzle it with warm maple syrup or melted butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)