We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most people count this staple among their favorite Chinese pork recipes, but haven't tried to re-create it at home. Why not give it a try? You'll see that it's easier than you thought to make Chinese Spareribs.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
What To Do:
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine all ingredients except the ribs; mix well. Add ribs, turning to coat well with the marinade. Cover and chill overnight, or at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place spareribs on baking sheet; reserve marinade for basting.
- Bake 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degree F. and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until ribs are tender and glaze is crispy, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into individual ribs and serve.
- In most Chinese-American restaurants, red food color is used to give these spareribs their bright color.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.