We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tempura is a fried Japanese favorite that can be re-created in your own home. It's fast and so tasty!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, plus additional for dusting
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups cold water
- Assorted vegetable, meat and/or seafood chunks (see Options)
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, the baking powder, sugar, salt, and peppers; mix well. Add the cold water. Cover loosely and let mixture stand for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 inch of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Lightly dust your favorite vegetable, meat and/or seafood chunks with cornstarch then dip in the batter. Gently place in the hot oil and cook until golden, turning if necessary. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter and continue with additional items.
Use broccoli and cauliflower florets, whole medium-sized mushrooms, carrot and zucchini slices, or chunks of chicken and shrimp – whatever your favorites are!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!