Chocolate Rainbow Bars
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
These goodies will bring a ray of sunshine to anyone's face. With a dash of confetti-ed colors and a chocolate-y center, this easy cookie bar recipe for Chocolate Rainbow Bars is one of our favorite kid-friendly desserts. We especially love the different layers in these cookie bars 'cause we can get all of our favorite flavors into every bite. Just watch; you'll be looking for an excuse to make these sweet treats!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
cup chopped walnuts
cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, cream cheese, and evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Add the nuts, sprinkles, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, vanilla, and the remaining almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan. Spread the chocolate mixture over the crumb mixture. Top with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, then cut into bars.
Makes 3 to 3-1/2 dozen bars.
The top layer should be a crumby texture. If the dough for the top layer gets soft, pinch off small pieces and place them on top of the chocolate that way.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 12 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here it is, the ultimate weeknight dinner solution and one of our easiest baked pork chop recipes! This Pork Chop Casserole comes together in minutes and fills the house with an aroma that will bring your gang running to the table. It's hard to find the perfect pork chop casserole recipe that everyone in the house will agree to eat, but this pork chop and rice casserole is just that. Serve it with a side of broccoli or other veggies, and you've got yourself one tasty meal!