We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 bars
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
These easy homemade crowd-pleasing cookies are aptly named, 'cause put out a platter and they'll disappear in a split second. With an ooey-gooey jam-filled filling, they're the reason why everyone will gravitate to them first.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup strawberry, raspberry or apricot jam
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, blend butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. With an electric mixer on low speed, add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and divide it into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a roll approximately 12 inches long and 3/4 inches thick.
- Place rolls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 4 inches apart and 2 inches from edge of the pan. Using a wooden spoon handle, make a lengthwise depression in center of each roll, about 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch deep, lengthwise. Fill depressions with jam.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. While still warm, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.
Why not try this with some steaming mugs of our Test Kitchen's favorite: S'mores Hot Cocoa!
You can use your finger or a knife handle to make the depressions in the dough if you don't have a wooden spoon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!