- 30 bars
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
What You'll Need:
cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
cup strawberry, raspberry or apricot jam
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, blend butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. With an electric mixer on low speed, add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and divide it into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a roll approximately 12 inches long and 3/4 inches thick.
- Place rolls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 4 inches apart and 2 inches from edge of the pan. Using a wooden spoon handle, make a lengthwise depression in center of each roll, about 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch deep, lengthwise. Fill depressions with jam.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. While still warm, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.
Why not try this with some steaming mugs of our Test Kitchen's favorite: S'mores Hot Cocoa!
You can use your finger or a knife handle to make the depressions in the dough if you don't have a wooden spoon.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES