Far East Beef and Rice
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Far East Beef and Rice is an east meets west one pot dish that's packed with flavor. Budget-friendly ground beef gets its lively taste from a variety of veggies and taste bud pleasing seasonings.
What You'll Need:
pounds ground beef
1 garlic clove, minced
tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
5 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 cups)
4 ounces fresh pea pods, trimmed
teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups cooked rice
cup soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
What To Do:
- In a large deep nonstick skillet or wok, brown the beef and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in the beef. Remove the beef to a bowl and drain off the excess liquid; set the beef aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, mushrooms, and pea pods for 3 to 4 minutes, just until tender. Add the beef and the remaining ingredients except the eggs.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Add the eggs and stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Serve immediately.
- You can add a little extra crunch and color by adding 2 chopped scallions.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
10 03 14