We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's common to find Chipped Beef as a daily special at homestyle diners. What a tasty treat it is once in awhile. Of course, the best treat is how easy it is to make.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (2-½-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
What To Do:
- Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a medium skillet, combine beef, butter, flour, onion powder, and pepper over medium heat. Cook until butter melts, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.