- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
It's common to find Chipped Beef as a daily special at homestyle diners. What a tasty treat it is once in awhile. Of course, the best treat is how easy it is to make.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (2-½-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
What To Do:
- Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a medium skillet, combine beef, butter, flour, onion powder, and pepper over medium heat. Cook until butter melts, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 04 14