Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 8 mini loaves
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Individual breads are such a thoughtful and tasty gift! In no time, you can whip up this recipe for homemade Pumpkin Spice Bread for sharing with friends and family!
What You'll Need:
8 (1-pint) wide-mouthed canning jars (see Notes)
cups packed light brown sugar
cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat canning jars with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended. Add pumpkin and eggs and beat 2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended. Stir in pecans then spoon evenly into canning jars.
- Place jars on a baking sheet and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully place lids on jars and seal while still hot; allow to cool completely before opening. To serve, slide bread out of jars and slice.
- Even though this batter can also be baked in two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans (add about 20 minutes to the baking time), the nice thing about making it in canning jars is that they're great take-along gifts. Add colorful ribbon and a pretty label for the perfect way to show somebody how special he or she is.
- Although these are baked in canning jars, this is not a canning procedure. These can be stored 2 to 3 weeks at room temperature, or up to 2 months in the freezer.
10 01 14