Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies
There's something about the combination of chocolate and mint that everyone loves. This classic duo will become your family's #1 favorite.
What You'll Need:
1 (21-ounce) package chewy fudge brownie mix
3 cups special dark chocolate chips, divided
cups powdered sugar
cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (4.67-ounce) package chocolate mints, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in 2 cups dark chocolate chips. Pour brownie mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 29 minutes, or just until brownies pull away from sides of pan; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining dark chocolate chips in microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes, or until melted, stirring after 45 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla to chocolate; beat with an electric beater at medium speed until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle evenly with chopped mints. Cut into squares.
Use the bag of chocolate mints that are already chopped. You'll find them in the baking section of your grocery store.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.