Mint Julep Brownies
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
2 teaspoons bourbon
3 teaspoons peppermint extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth; cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and beat 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons bourbon, and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract; beat well. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over brownies, then cut into squares.
- Wanna make these kid-friendly? Just leave out the bourbon!
- And if you want to jazz these up even more, garnish each brownie with a mint leaf before serving.
12 31 12