French Bakery Eclair Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 to 20
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
You don't have to travel out of the country to get that deliciously decadent French bakery flavor -- you have the recipe to do it right in your kitchen. Our French Bakery Eclair Cake is so easy to make and we can bet your gang will think you traveled far and wide to get it!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups milk
- 3 (4-serving-size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; heat until moderately hot. Reduce heat to low, add butter and salt, and cook until butter is melted. Remove saucepan from stovetop, then add flour, beating lightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread mixture in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and brown on the edges; let cool, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, then add milk and vanilla pudding mix. Beat about 2 minutes or until thick; spread over cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, warm chocolate frosting 25 to 35 seconds, or until just pourable. Drizzle chocolate over cake, then refrigerate until ready to serve. (See Note.)
Place the warmed frosting in a resealable plastic bag, snip off one corner, and drizzle like a pro!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake
- Chocolate Surprise Cake