French Bakery Eclair Cake
- 15 to 20
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
You don't have to travel out of the country to get that deliciously decadent French bakery flavor -- you have the recipe to do it right in your kitchen. Our French Bakery Eclair Cake is so easy to make and we can bet your gang will think you traveled far and wide to get it!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup water
cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 1/2
- 3 (4-serving-size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate-flavored syrup for topping
- Slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, place the water; heat until moderately hot. Reduce heat to low, add butter, and melt. Remove saucepan from stovetop, then add flour, beating lightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Spread mixture in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and brown on the edges; let cool, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, then add milk and vanilla pudding mix. Beat about 2 minutes or until thick, then spread over cake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. Spread whipped topping over top, then drizzle with chocolate syrup. Garnish with slivered almonds, if desired.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES