French Bakery Eclair Cake
- 15 to 20
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
You don't have to travel out of the country to get that deliciously decadent French bakery flavor -- you have the recipe to do it right in your kitchen. Our French Bakery Eclair Cake is so easy to make and we can bet your gang will think you traveled far and wide to get it!
What You'll Need:
1 cup water
cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups milk
3 (4-serving-size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
(16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; heat until moderately hot. Reduce heat to low, add butter and salt, and cook until butter is melted. Remove saucepan from stovetop, then add flour, beating lightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread mixture in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and brown on the edges; let cool, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, then add milk and vanilla pudding mix. Beat about 2 minutes or until thick; spread over cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, warm chocolate frosting 25 to 35 seconds, or until just pourable. Drizzle chocolate over cake, then refrigerate until ready to serve. (See Note.)
Place the warmed frosting in a resealable plastic bag, snip off one corner, and drizzle like a pro!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 17 14