Party Margarita Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Party Margarita Cake is like a Cinco de Mayo celebration in your mouth! The perfect combination of sweet and tart tastes just like a strawberry margarita in cake form.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon strawberry margarita or daiquiri mix, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Coarse sugar for garnish
- 12 lime slices for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, 1 cup margarita mix, oil, and eggs 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, remaining margarita mix and lime juice until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top, and garnish with lime slices.
We also recommend our Pink Lady Cake for another tasty option!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!