Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our salute to British fare, starts at Kingshead Pub where we were inspired by the Summer Olympics in London. These hot 'n' hearty all-in-one pan Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake sandwiches will earn you a gold medal every time you make them!
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Evenly layer ham over bread. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over ham and top with remaining bread. Spread butter over top of bread.
In a medium bowl, mix together milk, eggs, mustard, chives, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until egg custard is set and bread is golden.
Be sure to try another British-style favorite: Olympic Pub Steak Sandwiches.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!