We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our updated version of an old world Hungarian goulash classic takes a few time-saving and tasty shortcuts we think you'll like. Baked Goulash is a ground beef casserole that will surely stand the test of time!
What You'll Need:
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, onion, and chopped garlic over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid then add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.
This is a perfect dish to make ahead and freeze. You can even freeze it in individual portions so that way the kids can microwave a dish after school or anytime they need a quick meal.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
- For more great pasta dinner recipes, check out our collection of Easy Pasta Recipes: 31 Best Pasta Recipes with Chicken, Beef, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.