Grandma's Best Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our Test Kitchen team members always raves about how much she loved going to her Grandmother's home for Sunday Dinner. A favorite side dish was always a creamy veggie and pasta casserole. So in honor of Grandmas everywhere, enjoy this memory-making Grandma's Best Casserole soon.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) package spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cheese soup
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, return to pot, and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients to spaghetti; mix well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Casseroles are a favorite around here, both for their easiness and their comfort. Our Test Kitchen has a lot of great recipes for casseroles, so we're sharing some of our favorites: Amish Country Casserole and our Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, but check out our website for lots more!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.