Grandma's Best Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our Test Kitchen team members always raves about how much she loved going to her grandmother's house for Sunday dinner. One of her favorite side dishes was always a creamy veggie and pasta casserole. So, inspired by this memory-making dish, we came up with this recipe for Grandma’s Best Casserole.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cheese soup
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients to spaghetti; mix well.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Casseroles are a favorite around here, both for their easiness and their comfort. Our Test Kitchen has a lot of great recipes for casseroles, so we're sharing some of our favorites: Amish Country Casserole and Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, but check out our website for lots more!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!
- Country-Style Potato Tot Casserole
- Cheeseburger Ramen Casserole
- Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Layered Spaghetti Casserole
- Tuna Melt Casserole
- Bring-Along Casserole
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Italian Layer Bake
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles