Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
This creamy chicken casserole is a weeknight winner!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simple and satisfying, our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole has that cozy-comfort taste and texture that will make for a memorable meal. Using readily available ingredients, in just 30 minutes oven time, you'll have a chicken casserole recipe that'll stick in everyone's mind!
Enjoy this cheesy chicken casserole with your family this week. You'll be happy you did!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Just a Suggestion!
- We suggest serving this comforting recipe with a side of deliciously flavored corn or broccoli to make a full dinner!
- Store leftovers of this creamy chicken casserole recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days. Follow Mr. Food's leftover food storage tips for more food safety information and smart ideas!
- If you like this Unforgettable Chicken Casserole recipe, you're gonna love our collection of Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes!
- And for even more easy dinner recipes, check out our collection of Best Casserole Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 523
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 23g 47 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 813mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %