We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty south-of-the-border beefy Tamale Casserole made with an easy cornmeal crust is simply out of this world. Teamed with your favorite Tex-Mex go-alongs, its got just the right amount of spice and stick-to-your-ribs comfort!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce can) pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over high heat, cook ground chuck and onion until browned. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, mix milk with cornmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Line bottom and sides of prepared casserole dish with cooked cornmeal.
Stir corn and olives into meat mixture and spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through.
- Recipe adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook, by Mary Ann Winkowski and David Powers.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bring-Along Casserole
- Welcome Home Eggplant Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Tot Casserole
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles
- Corn and Broccoli Casserole
- Minnesota Hot Dish
- Italian Layer Bake
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles