Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
You don't have to be a southerner to enjoy this down-home favorite. Your family will love our Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole, y'all!
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4
pounds beef cubed steak
- 1 egg
cup dry bread crumbs
cup vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steak in mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip coated steak into egg mixture, coating completely, then into bread crumbs; set aside. Discard any remaining coating mixture.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add steak and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Place steak in single layer in prepared baking dish. Combine potatoes and scallions and spread over steak. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 03 14