Dining Room Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a dish that's worthy of being served in a fancy dining room! Our Dining Room Chicken recipe looks and tastes like it was made in a restaurant, but is actually easy enough to whip up anytime. Your guests won't believe you made it yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 whole chicken (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (17 ounces) apricot halves in heavy syrup, drained, chopped, and divided, with syrup reserved
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Rub the mixture over the entire chicken then place the chicken, breast side up, in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, the cornstarch, cranberry sauce, half the apricots, and the reserved apricot syrup; mix well.
- Uncover the chicken and pour the syrup mixture evenly over it; return the chicken to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30 more minutes, or until fork-tender and the juices run clear, basting occasionally. Place the cooked chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the remaining apricot pieces.
These leftovers make a great special fruity chicken salad. Just cut the chicken into chunks and toss with mayonnaise.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!