Five Star Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a reason why we call this dish Five Star Chicken -- because it tastes like something you would order from a fancy restaurant. You don't have to break the bank to get that expensive taste and you don't even have to leave home to eat it.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; coat chicken evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley to skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
If the chicken breasts are very thick, flatten them a bit by pounding with a kitchen mallet.
We like to sop up the sauce with a side of our tasty Rice Pilaf!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.