Make Ahead Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 6 Hr 45 Min
When you know you're gonna need to plan ahead for a one-dish dinner, this is the one! Mix up Make-Ahead Chicken and have it waiting in the fridge to pop into the oven and bake up fresh and hearty.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (see Options)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for topping)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except topping ingredients; mix well. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir chicken mixture then sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
- If you don't care for the flavor of curry, try an equal amount of dried basil for an Italian treat, or dried dill for that "right from the garden" taste.
- Make your desserts ahead of time too with our collection of 40 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts!
- Check out more of our favorite easy chicken recipes in our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!