Stovetop Chicken Noodle Parmigiana
Who would guess that those inexpensive packages of Asian-style ramen noodles could be so versatile? Our delicious Stovetop Chicken Noodle Parmigiana cooks up all in one skillet, so itâ€™s quicker and thereâ€™s the bonus of less clean-up.
What You'll Need:
1 egg, beaten
cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
cup vegetable oil
1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
pound fresh mushrooms, cut in half
2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken up (Reserve seasoning packets for another use)
cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Place egg in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg then bread crumbs, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning halfway through cooking. Remove chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, to skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and return chicken to skillet, placing it over noodles. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through.
There's nothing like a fresh and crispy Caesar salad to compliment this delicious Italian main dish!
03 02 13