Summer Chicken Pot Pie
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
What You'll Need:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
red bell pepper, diced
cup chopped onion
- 1 zucchini, cut into quarters, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add red pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add milk, then broth, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat then add chicken and vegetables to gravy.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Spoon chicken mixture into crust. Unroll second crust and place over chicken mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 17 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!