What You'll Need:
cup baking cocoa
cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
cup chopped almonds
cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, stir cocoa into melted butter. Cool slightly then stir in 1/2 cup flour, the granulated sugar, eggs, almond extract, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and the almonds until blended. Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in confectioners' sugar. Place balls 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set and cookie tops have cracked. Remove from baking sheets and cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
We recommend placing the confectioners' sugar in a shallow pie plate and rolling each cookie to completely cover it.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES