Fresh Apple Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have a few extra apples left over? Are they starting to get soft? Here's a great way to use them up and still bring fresh orchard taste to each and every cookie.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples, any variety
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg. Add the flour and baking soda, mixing well. Stir in the 1/4 cup milk until well blended. Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- While baking, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 3 tablespoons milk) and mix to a smooth consistency for glaze.
- Remove cookies from the cookie sheets and, while still hot, spread with the vanilla glaze.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Cool before wrapping so that the cookies won't stick to each other.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 10 Easy Cookie Bar Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Zucchini Chip Cookies
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Magic Microwave Cookies