Mocha Shortbread Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lookin' for a little late-night pick-me-up? This chocolatey treat is a coffee house classic, perfect for serving up after a big meal or leaving out as a sweet treat for your guests to nibble on. If you're looking for an easy chocolate dessert recipe you can whip together from items from your cupboard, then you've found a winner with our Mocha Shortbread Squares!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted (optional; see note)
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, and coffee granules; add butter and vanilla. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
Press dough into an ungreased 9-inch square pan; prick dough with a fork.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cut into small squares while warm. Drizzle each square with melted chocolate, if desired.
Place 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a resealable plastic bag; microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until soft. Knead bag until smooth. Snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag, and drizzle chocolate over shortbread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.