Soft Molasses Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's something a little different. Remember Mama's molasses cookies? Try these...they're just as soft and rich-tasting as we remember.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, and egg. Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon hot water and add to the sugar mixture. Add the molasses, cold water, cloves, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Add the flour gradually, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake until firm, no more than 10 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheets and let cool.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.