Soft Molasses Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's something a little different. Remember Mama's molasses cookies? Try these...they're just as soft and rich-tasting as we remember.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, and egg. Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon hot water and add to the sugar mixture. Add the molasses, cold water, cloves, and cinnamon; mix well. Add the flour gradually, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake until firm, no more than 10 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheets and let cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!