Old Fashioned Coleslaw
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when making homemade coleslaw meant getting out the hand grater? Well, today's convenient packaged coleslaw mixes let us say good-bye to scraped knuckles yet turn out Old Fashioned Coleslaw in a snap.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix (see Note)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, sugar, mustard, vinegar, celery seed, if desired, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add coleslaw mix and green pepper; toss to mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Sure, you can shred your own cabbage, if you'd prefer. About 4 cups of it, with a little shredded carrot for color, will take the place of the packaged mix here.
- There are many variations on coleslaw, and we've got a bunch on our website. One of our other favorites is our Bacon Ranch Coleslaw, so check it out!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chicken Tortellini Salad
- Special Chicken Salad
- Berry Grape Chicken Salad
- How to Make Macaroni Salad: 8 Simple Macaroni Salad Recipes
- Caribbean Chicken Salad
- Buttermilk Coleslaw
- "Pumped Up" Potato Salad
- Basic Macaroni Salad
- Southern Slaw
- How to Make Chicken Salad: 15 of Our Best Chicken Salad Recipes