We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In show business, when a movie is top-notch, it wins an Oscar. And when I really want to make an impression at the dinner table, I make this combo. Wait'll they taste the yummy crabmeat and asparagus filling! It won't be just the fancy name that'll have them applauding.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 flounder fillets (1½ to 2 pounds total)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained, and flaked (see Note)
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed and drained
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the butter and potatoes in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish on a clean flat surface.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat and soup; mix well. Spread the mixture equally over the fish fillets, then top each with the asparagus spears and roll up.
- With a spoon, push the cooked potatoes to the edges of the baking dish. Place the rolled fillets in the center of the dish and top each with a slice of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
You don't need to pay for higher-priced real crabmeat if you'd rather use imitation. Whichever you use in this will get you plenty of "ooh"s and "aah"s.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are your mornings always a little hurried? No problem! With our easy to make breakfast recipe for Bacon 'n' Egg Cups you can prep ahead of time, and bake 'em right before breakfast! That way you can enjoy cheesy-bacon goodness even when you're in a rush!