- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
In show business, when a movie is top-notch, it wins an Oscar. And when I really want to make an impression at the dinner table, I make this combo. Wait'll they taste the yummy crabmeat and asparagus filling! It won't be just the fancy name that'll have them applauding.
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
6 flounder fillets (1½ to 2 pounds total)
2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained, and flaked (see Note)
1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed and drained
6 slices Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the butter and potatoes in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish on a clean flat surface.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat and soup; mix well. Spread the mixture equally over the fish fillets, then top each with the asparagus spears and roll up.
- With a spoon, push the cooked potatoes to the edges of the baking dish. Place the rolled fillets in the center of the dish and top each with a slice of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
You don't need to pay for higher-priced real crabmeat if you'd rather use imitation. Whichever you use in this will get you plenty of "ooh"s and "aah"s.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES