Dressed Up Irish Stew
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds shoulder lamb chops (7 to 8 chops), each chop cut in half
- 5 to 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 1/2
cups beef broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb chops on both sides, about 6 minutes, in batches if necessary.
Place cooked chops back in pot, top with carrots and onions, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Arrange potatoes on top, cut-side down; pour beef broth over potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
In a small bowl, mix flour and water. Remove potatoes to a platter, add flour mixture to pot, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until gravy is thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This twist on a classic gyro will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite. Our Greek Fish Pitas only takes 10 minutes and is an easy fish recipe that is perfect for dinner any night of the week!