We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I'll share this recipe with you if you promise not to tell anybody how easy it is! It sure looks fancy, so let them all think you worked on it all day!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package blanched almonds (2 cups), divided
- 1 1/4 cups (2-1/4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Finely chop almonds in a blender or food processor; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric beater until soft. Beat in the sugars until fluffy. By hand, mix in the egg, flour, almond extract, and 1-2/3 cups of the ground almonds; mix until smooth and stiff.
- Place mixture in prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining almonds and bake 50 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack before removing from pan.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe. And if you don't have a springform pan, you can use a 9-inch round cake pan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!