Beefed-Up Broccoli Lasagna
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Remember when making lasagna was a day-long project, reserved for special occasions only? Well that's a thing of the past! Our Beefed Up Broccoli Lasagna is full of hearty beef and stuffed with healthy broccoli for an easy filler-upper.
What You'll Need:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 uncooked lasagna noodles
cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until no pink remains, crumbling meat as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid. Add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and salt; stir until well blended then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and the egg; mix well.
- Spread 2 cups sauce mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Press 4 noodles lengthwise over sauce and 1 noodle crosswise across end of baking dish, completely covering sauce mixture. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over noodles then sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture then arrange remaining noodles over sauce, pressing lightly into sauce. Spread remaining sauce over top.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella; cover with aluminum foil. Let sit 10 minutes then cut and serve.
09 02 14