Homemade Glazed Doughnuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna really show off? Make your own doughnuts using our easy recipe for Homemade Glazed Doughnuts! Once you taste these doughnuts fresh out of the pan, store-bought will be a thing of the past!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and water; mix well to make glaze, and set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Separate the biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using an apple corer or a sharp knife, cut out a small circle in the center of each biscuit, forming doughnut shapes.
- Cook in batches in the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While still hot, dip doughnuts in glaze, turning to coat completely. Place on a wire rack that has been placed over a baking sheet to allow excess glaze to drip off. Serve warm.
- For chocolate-glazed doughnuts, add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa to the glaze. Don't forget to cook the donut "holes," too!
- If you enjoyed this Homemade Glazed Doughnuts recipe, check out these 8 easy recipes for homemade doughnuts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.