Chicken Cacciatore One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget washing a bunch of pots and pans tonight. Our Chicken Cacciatore One Pot requires only, you guessed it, one pot! Cleanup is a cinch and whether you choose to serve it over pasta or rice, you'll have a new dinner favorite on your hands for sure!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What To Do:
In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture, coating completely.
In a soup pot over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil until hot; brown chicken on all sides 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pot; set aside. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining oil to pot and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining salt; return chicken to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.