French Country One Pot
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Traditional recipes for dishes like our French Country One Pot are easy but use lots of pots and pans. Well, from the ingredients here, you'll know you're in for a taste treat. And from the title, you'll know you're in for a cleanup treat, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
pound fresh Italian sausage
pound regular or reduced-fat fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (15-ounce) can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can regular or salt-free stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
What To Do:
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until onion is softened.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley. Mix gently then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes then uncover and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Garnish with parsley or scallions, if desired, and serve.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause the sauce is the best part.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 21 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little of the islands into your home with our tropical Mango Tango Fish Fillets. 20 minutes is all you need to get this tasty dish on the table tonight!