We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Creamy Vodka Sauce is one of the best pasta sauces I've ever tasted. It's very rich, so serve it with a light salad for balance.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup vodka
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the onion and sauté until tender but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the vodka and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the vodka evaporates slightly and the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat and serve.
Serves 4 to 5, enough for 12 ounces of pasta.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"