35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces
Everyday Italian recipes are family staples - they're quick, hearty, and everyone loves 'em! For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home! From Italian meatball recipes to Italian pasta dish recipes, they're all here - so dig in and "mangia"!
Soups, Salads & Appetizers
Pizza & Sandwiches
Pasta & Vegetable Dishes
Classic Italian Sauces
- Italian Wedding Soup - Wedding or no wedding, this soup is sure to be the talk of your meal. It's even better nice and cheesy!
- 4 Bean Minestrone - Traditional restaurant-style minestrone soup is slow-cooked for hours before it's served as a simple appetizer or hearty main course. Our easy version is ready in no time but each bowlful is overflowing with that slow-cooked flavor.
- Big Bowl Antipasto - Nothing satisfies your hungry gang like a big antipasto. It's an Italian style green salad made hearty with meats and cheese, in this case, salami, turkey and provolone.
- Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad - Garden-fresh ruby-red tomatoes teamed with chunks of mozzarella cheese and drizzled with a homemade balsamic dressing make for the freshest-tasting Italian-style starter.
- "My Way" Bruschetta - No "knead" to go to a lot of trouble if you do this my way! Taste the comfort of homemade Italian bread topped with yummy cheese and seasonings. They'll applaud and say, "Mmm mmm....Molto bene!"
- Fried Calamari - Fried squid tastes great when squeezed with fresh lemon and paired with warm marinara sauce for dipping. Make sure to have your calamari cleaned when you buy it - this saves meal prep time at home!
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza - Unless you live in Chicago, traditional deep dish pizza is hard to find...until now! Our version is easy to make at home so you can indulge in this delicious pizza anytime.
- Pizza Margherita - No, it's not named after the drink. It's actually a classic traditional Italian pizza recipe that your whole gang will want to make part of their own tradition.
- Italian Meatball Subs - Instead of dry bread crumbs in your homemade meatballs, use cut-up slices of white bread. Your meatballs will come out moister and tastier.
- Baked Italian Heroes - Load the meats and cheeses onto Baked Italian Heroes. Drizzle these submarine sandwiches with Italian dressing, and hope that you've got giant appetites waiting!
- Marketplace Stromboli - Turn deli meat and cheese favorites into a hot and melty Italian-style stromboli in no time. Our Marketplace Stromboli delivers great taste using ingredients right from the supermarket.
- Family Gnocchi - Wait till your family tries your fresh homemade pasta...and you don't even need a pasta machine for this one!
- Pasta e Fagiole - Pasta e Fagiole is a traditional Italian soup that's a crowd-pleaser every time, so why wait 'til you go to an Italian restaurant to enjoy it? Now it's easier than ever to make at home.
- Better Baked Ziti - Baked ziti is a favorite Italian pasta dish, and our Better Baked Ziti is so convenient to make, you can easily turn out a restaurant-style baked pasta dish even on a busy weeknight. Now isn't that better than a high-priced restaurant tab?
- Fettuccine Alfredo - The nice thing about this fettuccine recipe is that, for flavor and ease, on a scale of 1 to 10, it rates a 10! Why, it’s good enough to be served in the finest Italian restaurant.
- No Fuss Lasagna - No pre-cooking noodles, no fancy ingredients, no fuss...what's not to like about this easy Italian recipe?
- Linguine with Mussels - No muscle is needed to get the family to the table when this dish of linguini with mussels is served!
- Creamy Cavatelli - This is a great last-minute throw-together. The cavatelli is in the freezer, the soup is in the cupboard, the pepperoni is in the fridge, and the tomatoes are on the counter. In minutes, you've got a super Italian meal.
- Four Cheese Pasta - Need a spur-of-the-moment dish for drop-ins? Well, nothing says Italy more than cheese, so the more cheese, the merrier the time!
- Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti - Try our Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti tonight. It's a satisfying, homestyle baked Italian favorite that you'll find a cinch to make from scratch, especially when you use this fool-proof trick to filling the pasta shells!
- Quick Eggplant Parmigiana - Make tonight an Italian night - in a hurry! Try Quick Eggplant Parmigiana. Tender, tasty and satisfaction guaranteed!
- Baked Macaroni and Eggplant Neopolitan - Baked Macaroni and Eggplant Neapolitan is like eggplant parmigiana and baked ziti all rolled into one. Every mouthful is pure delight!
- Ready-in-Minutes Risotto - We'll show you the trick to turning out Italian-style risotto with a creamy rich texture every time! Our easy recipe is the perfect side dish for any main course!
- All-Star Zucchini - Basil, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini...what an all-star line-up! And when you put them together in this Italian favorite, you'll be tempted to sing Italian love songs.
- Broccoli Italiano - The flavoring of this one will make broccoli lovers out of your whole gang. It's a guaranteed hit, and it couldn't be any easier!
- Meatballs and Sunday Sauce - These Old World Italian-style meatballs are the secret family recipe of guest chef Daniel Mancini, who shared his grandmother's special recipe with us!
- All Around Beef Stromboli - Depending on how hungry the gang is, these hearty roll-ups brimming with beef, sausage, mushrooms and cheese, make a super snack, a tempting appetizer, or an anytime filling meal.
- Braciola - Italians are the masters of turning inexpensive cuts of meat into masterpieces. This one is no exception! Ask the butcher to cut the rump roast into thin slices for you - it's easier and safer than doing it yourself.
- Classic Chicken Parmigiana - Our Classic Chicken Parmigiana is an easy version of an all-time Italian favorite. It's perfect for dinner, served up with some pasta and sauce, and it's great filling crusty Italian bread for an unbeatable sandwich, too.
- Quick Chicken Marsala - What makes this old favorite so good? It's the rich, nutty taste of the wine simmered with the butter and mushrooms.
- Chicken Tetrazzini - This creamy, cheesy, fancy-sounding Italian chicken dish goes together in a jiffy because it calls for cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Chicken Cacciatore - The secret to this chicken cacciatore is simple - use lots of fresh veggies, like onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes, for extra-fresh taste.
- Osso Buco - This is one of the tastiest Osso Buco recipes around! After all, what's better than tender veal teamed with potatoes and veggies in a flavor-packed sauce?
- Mom's Veal in Tomato Mushroom Sauce - This veal cutlet dish was really popular at Mr. Food's house as a kid! Serve the veal over hot cooked pasta and dip crusty bread chunks into the hearty tomato mushroom sauce.
- Asiago Veal Rolls - You might have to search a bit to find Asiago cheese, but it's so special, it's well worth looking for.
- Home Cooked Spaghetti Sauce - A must in every Italian kitchen is a good tomato sauce. With crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and chopped garlic, onion and bell pepper, this one fits the bill. I'm sure you'll be making it over and over again.
- Puttanesca Sauce - Puttanesca is probably the most Italian of all sauces, since every ingredient is a Mediterranean native. (So is the taste!)
- Fresh Pesto Sauce - Why buy store-bought Italian-style pesto sauce when it’s so easy to turn out our own freshly made basil pesto sauce in a blender or food processor? This recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce is so versatile, you will make it again and again.
- Classic Alfredo Sauce - Who would have thought a classic could be this easy? Butter, heavy cream, black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Yup - four ingredients, one pan, a few minutes, and we're ready for some really good eatin'!
- Bolognese Sauce - Here's a classic meat sauce that comes from the same place that gave us that other classic: bologna sausage. (And that's no baloney!)
- Homemade Pizza Sauce - With pizza, the secret's in the sauce. So smother your own creation with this homemade sauce for that flavor of your local pizzeria; and save the take-out tab.
- Vodka Sauce - Creamy Vodka Sauce is one of the best pasta sauces! It's very rich, so serve it with a light salad for balance.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
06 18 13