Pasta and Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The possibilities are endless when we cook our Pasta and Meatballs at the same time. (You'll love the easy cleanup, too!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound angel hair (capellini) pasta, broken into 4-inch pieces
What To Do:
- In a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine tomato puree, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well then form into 1-inch balls.
- Gently place meatbals in sauce; do not mix. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid and add angel hair pasta; do not stir. Replace lid and increase setting to high.
- Cook 1 hour then stir and serve.
If you want to mellow the taste of the tomato sauce, add a teaspoon of sugar along with the tomato puree, or add a diced medium-sized carrot. (That adds sweetness and nice texture!)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!