Pasta and Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The possibilities are endless when we cook our Pasta and Meatballs at the same time. (You'll love the easy cleanup, too!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound angel hair (capellini) pasta, broken into 4-inch pieces
What To Do:
- In a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine tomato puree, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well then form into 1-inch balls.
- Gently place meatbals in sauce; do not mix. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid and add angel hair pasta; do not stir. Replace lid and increase setting to high.
- Cook 1 hour then stir and serve.
If you want to mellow the taste of the tomato sauce, add a teaspoon of sugar along with the tomato puree, or add a diced medium-sized carrot. (That adds sweetness and nice texture!)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!