Rosebud's Farfalle alla Vodka
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe comes from one of Mr. Food's favorite Chicago restaurants. It's a true Italian specialty and, when you can't get to Chicago for the original, our easy version will be showing up on your table at home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 to 2 minutes, just until browned. Add vodka and tomatoes with their juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to its cooking pot then cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to tomato mixture and stir until thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour over pasta and stir until combined, rewarming over low heat, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to cream cheese. You can find it with the imported cheese in the deli department of your supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.