Rosebud's Farfalle alla Vodka
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
This recipe comes from one of Mr. Food's favorite Chicago restaurants. It's a true Italian specialty and, when you can't get to Chicago for the original, our easy version will be showing up on your table at home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 to 2 minutes, just until browned. Add vodka and tomatoes with their juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to its cooking pot then cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to tomato mixture and stir until thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour over pasta and stir until combined, rewarming over low heat, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to cream cheese. You can find it with the imported cheese in the deli department of your supermarket.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 05 14