- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Tex-Mex Lasagna has become a family favorite, especially for fans of easy meat lasagna recipes. It has that little different touch that raises eyebrows.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
cup chopped onion
- 1 (6-ounce can) tomato paste
- 1 cup picante sauce (medium or mild)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 1/4
cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (2 cups equals 8 ounces)
pound (1/2 of a 16-ounce box) lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, make sauce by browning the beef with the onion; drain the liquid. Add tomato paste, picante sauce, water, cumin, and chili powder; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Layer ingredients in the pan as follows: 1 cup sauce, half of the lasagna noodles, and half of the ricotta cheese mixture; repeat same layers and top with remaining sauce then remaining 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-50 minutes; uncover and cook 5 more minutes, or until light golden.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES